ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT AND BOOKKEEPER– FULL TIME
New York, NY
Rob Ross Design seeks an experienced Bookkeeper & Office Manager to assist in overseeing the day-to-day accounting, financial, and administrative operations of our business. Confidentiality, organizational skills, accuracy, strong customer relations, and the ability to communicate clearly are important qualifications for this position. The ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker with experience in bookkeeping and accounting, is efficient and resourceful, and comfortable working as an essential member of a team.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Human Resource Management, or related field
· Three years experience working in accounts payable or receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
· Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Experience with data entry and record-keeping
· Expertise in Microsoft Office, Excel, and QuickBooks Online
· Familiarity with payroll services and timekeeping software
· Generate invoices and coordinate bank deposits
· Monitor expenses and track job costing
· Reconcile credit card statements
· Pay vendor invoices and track account balances
· Develop monthly financial statements, P&L statements, and balance sheets
· Prepare sales tax returns in multiple states in coordination with accountant.
· Manage payroll and maintain employee paperwork
· Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax and labor laws and advise management on needed actions
· Maintain inventory of office supplies and manage purchasing of same
· Develop new policies and procedures to help guide the financial arm of our growing business
· Assist in coordination of rental properties with associated businesses and other needs of those businesses.
· Update and maintain filing system for company receipts and product/warranty information and coordinate repairs or replacement to equipment items when necessary.
· Type correspondence, review financial statements and perform data entry work in special needs spreadsheets and write-up software as needed.
Principal Accountabilities and Interactions:
· Phone calls are answered promptly and handled in a professional manner
· All clients and other contacts are greeted professionally and at all times treated respectfully
· All outgoing correspondence is neat and professional in content and appearance.
· Directly to Owner and Production Manager